While looking through a website of old paintings, I got this crazy idea that one of Dürer’s drawings might be a nice project. I chose the Praying Hands.
Maybe this was not such a good idea because I am sure he took more than one day to do one of these masterpieces but it was a good learning experience. Among other things because I forgot that most red chalks are greasy. I did the second layer with red chalk and then had problems putting the sepia chalk on top of it. It gives an interesting effect but I am sure there is a better way to do it. For example, I could have put red chalk where I want to have the highlights. Nevertheless, I quite like the overall impression even though it is a far cry from Dürer’s masterpiece.